Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon Brookfarm macadamia oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
1 x 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, bruised
6 curry leaves
400 grams shark or other firm white flesh fish
175g Zest Yellow Curry
200 ml / ½ can coconut milk or cream (save other half for the rice)
1 x 1 cm piece turmeric, peeled, grated
Native greens – Beach Banana (aka Pig Face aka Karkalla)
- In a large heavy based saucepan, heat oil.
- Add cloves garlic and ginger, sauté until lightly browned.
- Add lemongrass, heat a little to release essential oil and become more fragrant.
- Add fish, sear lightly on each side.
- Add Zest Yellow Curry and coconut milk or cream. Add turmeric.
- Add curry leaves, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes on a low heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Serve with coconut rice, watercress and native greens.
Gowings Food Health Wealth
Byron Bay Cooking School